"My grandmother, Doukénie, emigrated alone from Greece in 1919 at the tender age of 15. Our full-bodied wine, handcrafted, rich in flavors, and produced on the family farm, will give you pleasure and satisfaction. By offering the highest quality of wine, we honor her courage and pay tribute to the values she passed on to our family. Please enjoy." — George Bazaco
History and Timeline
- George and Nicki Bazaco purchased the first track of land (300 acres) in 1983
- The name Doukénie is Greek for Duchess and part of the owner's heritage.
- Vineyard I of Cabernet Sauvignon were planted in 1985.
- Vineyard II planted in 1989 with Riesling and Cabernet Franc.
- Vineyard III planted in 1993 with Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay. Additional vines were planted of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Vineyard I expanded in 2003 to include Syrah and Petit Verdot.
- WInery constructed in 2006.
- An additional 200 acres were purchased in 2007.
- Vineyard IV was planted around the Silo with a collection of New Varietals, Clones and Rootstocks in 2008.
- Vineyard V was planted in 2011, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.